Adventures in Western New York
Well, it was a wonderful weekend spent at Chataqua Lake at the wedding of my cousin Kim and her groom Gavin. Everything was beautiful and it was great to spend time with my Mom and sister as well as Kim's family.It was an adventure getting home yesterday. When I went to check in in Buffalo, I was told my flight was cancelled due to weather at JFK. The airline said there were no seats available on later flights from Buffalo to JFK until Monday which was unacceptable. I had to be home Sunday night. It was Josh's birthday on Sunday and I had many things going on on Monday (today).
The representative did say there were flights with open seats from Rochester to JFK, just an hour down the Thruway. Well, that's great, but I just turned in my rental car (and forgot to get gas beforehand), so I was already over budget. There was a kind woman, though, who was next to me in line and told her agent she was going to go to Rochester in her car. I turned to her and asked her if I could ride with her to Rochester. Didn't even have time to properly hug Mom and Susie as we were kind of racing against the clock. It was 2 p.m. and the new flight left at 4. Thus began my new friendship with Linda.
We went to her car in long term parking, spent the hour on the Thruway chatting about lots of things, got checked in for our flight and waited another 4 hours to take off. Luckily we were waiting in the airport and not on the plane.
Got home about 5 hours later than was scheduled. But it's 24 hours later. We have a happy birthday boy. The Wii is a big success. And we will have our celebration tonight.
Still can't believe my luck or tender mercy or blessing. Thanks Linda, I will not forget your kindness!

4 Comments:
What a great story! I had no idea how involved the process was when you said everything was great except the headache it was to get home.
I'm so happy you got to go to the wedding and that it was wonderful.
If I was a total stranger and you asked to ride in my car, I would feel strangely compelled. You have a great, magnetic, happy personality. Linda was blessed, too. :)
If we hadn't stopped at the Cheesecake Factory or left when we did, everything might have turned out differently. When something happens like that, it really is a tender mercy.
LOL you are a crack up! I love how determined you were and how well you handle/ solve things. I miss being around you. ;-)
Post a Comment
<< Home