In No Particular Order...
I am fascinated with the Gustav coverage on CNN. Mostly because I love New Orleans and Louisiana, it's where I served my mission. I am very concerned about people that I knew many years ago and what their lives are like and are they still there? (PS I am so grateful it wasn't as bad as predicted.)I managed to change the channel from CNN and quickly got morbidly fascinated with a TLC show called the World's Heaviest Man. A phone call saved me from that.
I have a new niece today, her name is Charlotte! Congratulations John and Karla!
Last week I was obsessed with getting to classes at the gym. For the record, I did a record 5 classes: zumba (my new love as my sisters will attest...latin cardio), step interval, club strength, pilates and power low. It was great to combine cardio with weight training in 2 of the classes, but I was grateful for a Sabbath day of rest today.
Matthew got a 16 inch bike and he does tricks, is super fast and I think we can start training for the BMX bike Olympic event in 2024.
We are looking forward to Labor Day in the City, going to see the Waterfalls. I went with Carma several weeks ago as a GNO and also used the opportunity to be an "advance scout" to see how it could work for our family. The waterfalls are all visible from South Street Seaport, but it's fun to take the boat ride to see them up close and...well, be on a boat in the river. Hoping the kids will be fascinated with all of the things to see (other boats, helicopters, the underside of bridges, tall buildings, street performers, etc.)
Wanted one last summer day in the City last week, so I cooked up an adventure for us. We parked at 111th and 5th. Lots of street parking--yeah! We walked into Central Park at the very Northeast corner. We walked by Harlem Meer to the Conservatory Gardens--these gardens are AMAZING!!! This is a beautiful area of Central Park. It is like a European Garden. We walked around the Meer to the Discovery Center where we checked out some fishing poles and attempted to fish. No one caught anything. But it was fun to try. We walked down to 103 and went to the Museum of the City of New York. With 4 kids, I was glad we made it for 45 minutes. I would have liked to seen the movie about the history of NY, but that will have to be for another time. We really enjoyed seeing the Toy exhibit. Wouldn't neccessarily make a special trip for it, but since we were in the neighborhood, it worked out beautifully.
The Yankees downward spiral is hard to watch.

1 Comments:
My goodness. We live the same life but in different houses, in different states! I was glued to the weather channel, too during the Gustav stuff. Hopefully Hannah won't cause problems. I love the exact same classes at the gym as you! In the spring I was going to all of them. Then the summer messed everything up. I hope the fall will get me back into them. I was so surprised how much fun that latin one was! :) I wore a heart monitor & I think I burned over 1300 calories! More than spin!
Post a Comment
<< Home