Cushions
If you asked matthew what his favorite activity would be, it would definitely relate to the couch cushions. In our family room, we have a couch and a chair and a half. 3 long rectangular cushions. 3 overstuffed back cushions. 2-4 throw pillows. Every day he upends the cushions, creates some kind of house, train, or fort and that's how the cushions remain until the kids have gone to bed and I am ready to have a little TV time. It's not worth straightening them more than once a day because he just rebuilds his structure. He snacks in there. He watches TV, looks at books, plays with his siblings or friends. He wraps himself in his blue blanket (the silky one) and just gets all this good sensory input from the couch cushions. Last night Mark said he fell asleep on top of the rectangular cushions turned vertically, all sprawled and comfy. (I did not witness this to photograph it as I was at the gym taking a step class with NO MUSIC!!! Just for the record I am so annoyed with the gym for some sloppy behavior over the past week on their part.)Now I should finish blogging and maybe take the boy outside for some fresh air and get him out of the cushions.

3 Comments:
Sounds fun! I can imagine it. He'd fit in around here, all my throw pillows are on the floor, our cushions would be too, except I bought a floor pillow at Costco and my cushions have stayed put ever since
The gym is driving me crazy too - the childcare has gone from crummy to seriously awful. Ugh.
That is so cute. We definitely need to get our Matthew's together. It sounds like they are out of the same mold. I had to draw the line on the white living room sofa cushions.
Post a Comment
<< Home