Monday, March 23, 2009

Magical moments

Ah, 2 days after we have returned from Disney World. I just can't seem to motivate myself to do anything (except unpack and do laundry). The boys are playing with their mickey lightsabers so I thought I'd take a minute to record some favorite moments. And maybe I will post pictures later if I can motivate myself...

Most magical moment this morning: Matthew singing "I Just Can't Wait to Be King"
Best new attraction at Magic Kingdom: We loved Mickey's Philharmagic....Matthew loved the Monsters, Inc. show
Kathryn's freak out time: Hating Hollywood Studios at about noon
What saved the day at Hollywood studios: Matthew was first to be picked for 2:20 Jedi Training Academy
Family's overall favorite ride: Toy Story Mania (my high score: 111,200)
Best show: Finding Nemo the Musical
Leaving Something to Go Back To: Asia in Animal Kingdom
Most pleasant surprise: How much I enjoyed animal kingdom
Best character meals: Tusker House Breakfast (AK), Crystal Palace Dinner (MK)
Josh's reaction to the surprise news we are going: A mellow "Really? Really?"
Best parade: Animal Kingdom
Best nighttime entertainment: Wishes at MK
Most creative fast pass obtainer: hands down Mark
Best character moment: Matthew and Sammy walking hand in hand with Chip and Dale at AK
Sad but true moment: Caroline is over the princesses
Crazy event: 2 hour plane delay--had to switch planes. Still got to Epcot by 5 p.m. on Tuesday.
Best room: All Star Music--we had a suite. We were in it from 10 p.m. to 8 a.m. each day. That's it. Glad we didn't spring for something nicer. It was perfect for what we needed.
Most souveniers: Matthew scored. Buzz blaster, Mickey light saber, Mouse ears, Jedi training academy t-shirt, star wars figures, a stuffed donald duck
Funniest waiter: George from the Prime Time 50's Cafe at HS
Bravest: Caroline Newman for multiple rides on Splash and Big Thunder
Scariest mommy moment: Sitting in last car on Everest. I was freaked out! But it was fun.
Biggest worry now that we are home: What is Mark going to spend his time planning now that our Disney vacation is over and done with!
Most disney-esque thing: Selling Chip and Dale together
Most go with the flow: Sammy for just hanging in there with us all.
Most Insistent: Kathryn (we will have no breaks!--we stay until it closes!)
Most careful with his souvenier money: Josh
Caroline's biggest regret: Even though she didn't care about meeting princesses, Caroline saw many girls with their hair all done up. There's the new Bibbidi-Bobbidi Boutique in the Castle where for just $54 your little princess can get all dolled up. Hair, nails, makeup etc. It would have been fun to have treated her to that, but I assured her we could replicate it at home. For a mere $14 we picked up a lovely light up tiara.
Best peace of mind thing: We could park our stroller with our gear and snacks and never had a worry that it would get taken.
Most annoying: Stacy from the disney promotion video running continously at the hotel. The kids loved to watch her show while they were getting ready each morning.
Best way to communicate with spouse while separated at the parks: texting
Friendliest: Matthew, esp. when making friends in line, meeting characters, telling everyone he is a Jedi now
Most embarrassed by his family: Josh (esp. when Matthew was making friends in line, and Kathryn was jumping up and down waving, trying to get Mark's attention when was looking for us after obtaining fast passes.)
Rides we rode 2 times in a row: Winnie the Pooh, Magic Carpets, Triceratops Spin
First and last time attractions for Kathryn: Country Bears, Tiki Room

7 Comments:

At 3/23/2009 1:19 PM, Blogger Mark Newman said...

Best companion to travel to Disney World with: Kathryn

 
At 3/23/2009 3:24 PM, Blogger Liz said...

I was SO jealous all last week thinking of you guys. Toy Story Mania is a big Sackewitz favorite, too. I'm sad about Caroline. I'm sure Emi is right behind. I want to know all about Everest! Bill and Parker are mega-jealous about Matthew's Jedi experience. Love the All-Star Resorts....great place!

 
At 3/24/2009 6:02 AM, Blogger Julie said...

Sounds fantastic!! Mark, you're so sweet. Kath, you summed it up perfectly. So glad everything went well. Now what?? - Juj

 
At 3/24/2009 8:42 AM, Blogger Chrissie said...

What a blast! So glad that you had a great time!

 
At 3/24/2009 9:21 PM, Blogger linda said...

Didn't you learn about Bear Country from our trips to Disneyland? I loved it; everyone else hated it. So glad you had a wonderful time. It sounded just magical. I love Disney.

 
At 3/24/2009 9:23 PM, Blogger Katherine said...

This was so fun to read! What a great way to record it all. I LOVE Disneyland---Disneyworld too of course, but Disneyland is the one I most frequent. So glad you had a good time.

 
At 3/25/2009 2:34 PM, Blogger Baerman said...

That was great Kath! Great recap. I want to talk more about it...I'm such a disney nerd. So I'll call you someday...Glad you guys had a safe and fun trip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home