Sunday, March 15, 2009

The wrap up

Well, things are getting back to normal.

Utah was amazing. I was truly blessed to be there. I reconnected with all of my Baer family--aunts, uncles, cousins--and when we weren't crying we were laughing. It was a wonderful weekend and I am so glad I got to go. Emilee's life was amazing and I admire her so much. The services were truly a celebration of her life.

My throat is slowly healing, and traveling didn't help it that much--although it helped me greatly in the mental department. A plane ticket is definitely cheaper than therapy. I am trying to take it easy, and so glad we are 2+ weeks out of surgery. Much much better.

The pinewood derby turned out so well. Those who were with me in Utah knew that we were having some drama about the car. The "pepperoni" (pizza shaped car) turned out great. Josh won 2 of 8 heats so he was happy and then as a bonus took 3rd place and a trophy for most artistic. It was a good night.

You can tell spring is in the air and that's a happy thing.

1 Comments:

At 3/15/2009 7:49 PM, Blogger Katherine said...

So happy you're feeling better---and that you have such a wonderful family. :)

I need your e-mail address. Would you mind sending it to me at dougandkate@att.net?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home