Friday, March 06, 2009

Now onto the next thing

Thank you for all your nice wishes. The tonsillectomy went well. And I am glad it's 9 days later and I can now basically eat whatever I want (even popcorn!) and am taking just plain tylenol. My favorite tonsil food was smoothies, made with just sorbet and soymilk. Yum.

It's been wonderful to have Mark and Peggy's help with everything, and many thanks to those who brought meals and had the kids over at various times. We could not have done it without you. I have to say, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Don't get me wrong--it was bad. But I am doing so much better now and looking forward to life without diseased, nasty, enlarged tonsils.

On a sad note, I am headed to Utah tonight to say goodbye to my darling cousin Emilee who passed away on Wednesday after a six year battle with cancer. She is just six months younger than me, and leaves behind a husband and 3 sons. I am so glad I feel well enough to travel and be with my family at this time. I will just be there a brief time and won't have time to do/see anything/anyone not family related. We are very sad. She was a remarkable woman and mother. I am grateful she doesn't have to suffer anymore.

And when I return, we can just be a normal family again, right?

3 Comments:

At 3/09/2009 9:39 AM, Blogger Mary Ann said...

Oh Kath, I'm so sorry to hear about Emilee. We didn't even know she was sick. I remember her as the Brady Bunch Cousin Oliver in real life. She was such a cheerful, optimistic girl. Rob remembers her from her later years at BYU working in the JKHB. Please give our deepest condolences to her family.

 
At 3/09/2009 1:40 PM, Blogger becca said...

Kathryn,

I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin. What a sad thing. Give my best to your family.

 
At 3/09/2009 6:05 PM, Blogger Katherine said...

I'm so sorry about your cousin. What a tough thing for you and all of the family.
I'm glad you're feeling better. Yes, you are on your way back to normal life again.:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home