Friday, February 20, 2009

My big fat tonsillectomy

Hey all,

I found a website entitled my big fat tonsillectomy tonight when I googled "recovering from a tonsillectomy."
And it made me laugh and it made me scared.

This Wednesday is the big day. I will be relieved when this is all over and I can just go on with my life, but surely there will be something else around the corner. There always is. We're settling in for a two week recovery. On the agenda for early next week: Stocking the freezer with popsicles. Getting a stack of books and movies.

Mark and I had a nice date on Sept. 30. I met him in the city for dinner. It was cheap too, because we had a gift certificate. Everything was so wonderful, life was great, I was newly pregnant, the kids were all adjusted to the new school year. Then Oct. 1 the rug was pulled out from underneath us and life has been a challenge since. The miscarriage, the call to be bishop, the 4 bouts of tonsillitis and now the surgery. We often say if we could just go back to Sept. 30...

Oh well, enough sobbing. Things are working out. People are here for us. Details are falling into place. Peggy is coming. Tender mercies are popping up here and there. Please wish us luck and say a prayer or two as well.

8 Comments:

At 2/21/2009 7:51 AM, Blogger Baerman said...

I'll be praying for you Kath. I like the 5th verse of How Firm a Foundation for moments like these. I love you.

 
At 2/21/2009 9:18 AM, Blogger Mumsy said...

Kathryn! I wish I was there to help you out. I'm glad Peggy is going to be there. And I hope that all goes back to "normal" soon.

You are in my prayers, too!

 
At 2/21/2009 4:39 PM, Blogger Katherine said...

Oh nice Kath--I had no idea about all of that. I know exactly what you mean about the rug being pulled out from underneath you though. You will be in my prayers. I hope that somehow you can enjoy your 2 week recovery. I'll be thinking about you on Wed.

 
At 2/23/2009 7:52 AM, Blogger Michele said...

You will be in my prayers. Hang in there and remember you are loved by many and somehow the Lord does continue to steer us through the difficult days even though it sometimes feels like we are all alone. We've had a doozey of a year too, so I'm always here if you need a shoulder to cry on. I've done it many times myself lately. And most importantly, please remember that it's all still better than the singles ward campout.

 
At 2/23/2009 11:00 AM, Blogger karen said...

Kath,

Ugh. I'm so sorry about everything (I had no idea about the miscarriage -- having had a couple, I'm sorry you had to experience that).

I wish I could be there, but I'm sure Mark's mom will be awesome. I'm sending you good vibes for the surgery and recovery. May it all be quick. You're a tough cookie. Just remember that. :-)

 
At 2/24/2009 9:24 AM, Blogger Allysha said...

Oh! Kathryn. I'm sorry for all those difficulties. Good luck. Enjoy those Popsicles.

 
At 2/24/2009 1:13 PM, Blogger Jenni said...

prayers from Rhode Island coming your way..speedy recovery!

 
At 2/25/2009 1:05 PM, Blogger Lizzy said...

Best of luck with the surgery. All your kind service to others will come back around to you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home