In stitches
I got stitches for the first time ever yesterday! Basically, in my rush to get to the garbage can before the garbage truck, I leaned against the garbage bag with shards of glass in it--large pointy shards. One ended up in my leg, a few inches about my ankle. I yanked it out. I bled for a long time, cried in pain and then had enough sense to call Sherry. She quickly came over and assessed the damage. It was decided that stitches would be in order. She advised me to call a Dr. and try and go to the office rather than the ER.I called the plastic surgeon who had repaired Sammy's chin a year ago when he split it open. He saw me that afternoon and sewed me up. I assured it him there was just the one piece of glass so we didn't have to do the ER thing for x-rays. Now I have to put off my return to the gym until Sat. (I froze my membership during the tonsillectomy, Disneyworld etc.) Oh well. My favorite part--showing Mark my wound. He hates stuff like that! However, he has been so good at pampering me during all my illnesses and now my injury. And he's such a good vacuumer! Thanks honey!

2 Comments:
You poor thing! What's next? :)
Hope it heals quickly, Kath.
XOXO
Goodness, one thing after another. Happy healing!
Post a Comment
<< Home