Movies on my queue
Well, we are starting our netflix again (as our 3 month suspension just expired) and I am looking for movies to put on our queue. To help me in my search, I checked out "The New York Times Guide to the Best DVDs you've never seen, just missed or almost forgotten."I found a few that maybe I will put on:
Cold Comfort Farm
The Spanish Prisoner
Truly Madly Deeply
Sliding Doors
Best in Show
Age of Innocence
Emma (the Kate Beckinsdale version from BBC)
Dave
Quiz Show
I'm thinking about Intolerable Cruelty and Big Night but don't know anyone who has seen them.
Is there anything else I should include?

5 Comments:
kath,
i liked Big Night, but not enough to remember the details -- but, then again, i don't remember too many movies. but, it was good.
i don't know if you and mark like foreign, but there's "Lagaan" (Indian/Bollywood, but very entertaining), and Wong Kar Wai's "Chungking Express." Or, you could add some more of the Christopher Guest mockumentaries like "A Mighty Wind." Or do a Woody Allen theme (although, that might remind you of Eliza since she's the female Woody). :-)
Kathryn,
Why pray tell did you get suspended from Netflix for 3 months?
Robert
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. To answer Robert, you can suspend yourself for 3 months, we did it since we were gone for a month, rather than cancelling.
Mark and I just can't quite get our lists to match up. It's a good thing lost starts again Oct. 4 so we'll have something we both like to watch.
Cold Comfort Farm is an old favorite of mine and I also love Sliding Doors. I'm with design mom on Intolerable Cruelty. Two favorites we saw recently: Dear Frankie and Millions. Oh, you should also get Battlestar Gallatica.
The Prize Winner of Defiance Ohio is my favorite movie of the year. Must see!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home