Thursday, September 07, 2006

Small victories


I served my mission when several of my dearest friends served their missions. My darling dear friend Deb served in Japan. She wrote in one letter where she said she always tried to keep in mind the small victories... "like when a old woman gives you an orange because she feels sorry for you (it sounded better in Japanese.)"

Small victories are great on days when your power goes out when you are trying to get ready for school! I complained to Mark that I'd like to have one day in my life where no laundering of clothes was happening--the only dirty clothes were the ones on our backs. He said maybe today was that day, since we had no power. Small victory!

A small victory occured when Matthew stayed by the cart the whole time at Target today!
A small victory occured when our car was making funny noises on the way home from Target but we managed to get home okay--and that it will get in the shop on Saturday.
A small victory occured when I taught Josh how to turn on the shower by himself (thus enabling him to turn it on for his smaller siblings) (side note: this summer we switched from baths to showers...so much easier and faster and no bath toys to deal with!)
A small victory occured when we managed to read 12 verses of Mosiah chapter 7. (thank you Fillmores for your inspiration!)

All in all, a good day. Did you have a small victory today?

4 Comments:

At 9/07/2006 8:06 PM, Blogger karen said...

Yay, Kathryn! Love all your small victories today. That's funny that you had no power since we almost had no water today. A water main broke on our street last night, so Craig and I furiously collected water in pots and pans last night, but they managed to fix it overnight. So, I still did laundry today. But, a big victory for us.

Also, Jack stopped crying today at the hair salon, and got his haircut -- his first "real" one. Another small victory for us.

 
At 9/07/2006 8:10 PM, Blogger liz said...

This was a great post- thanks.

My small victory today was when Zane said 'sorry' and gently touched his friend after socking her in the belly.

That would probably also sound better in Japanese.

 
At 9/08/2006 10:26 AM, Blogger Gabrielle of Design Mom said...

My small victory was that I remembered that Betty is 4 months old and can sit in the exersaucer. I pulled it out and Betty sat in it for 1/2 hour.

 
At 9/08/2006 10:42 AM, Blogger Lizzy said...

afton had a "hit-free" play date!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home