Wednesday, August 23, 2006

A conversation at the snack bar at the pool

Rebecca warned me: taking the 4 kids out and about would bring lots of commentary from strangers! (as opposed to just 3.) I think I did okay with this one though.

Older woman: "Are these all your kids?"
K (trying to be positive): "Yes, aren't they great?"
Older woman: "They are. You are very brave."
K: " Acutally I am very lucky."

Thank you Rebecca and all you other mothers and fathers in our circle for your great examples. I remember Kathryn C. telling us in RS once, "Whenever I am out in public, I am an advocate for motherhood."

I think I can conquer Trader Joes with the 4 today!

2 Comments:

At 8/23/2006 8:49 AM, Blogger liz said...

I love that you have a blog! I miss hearing your stories!!!

 
At 8/23/2006 7:05 PM, Blogger Jenni said...

good comeback...i am never quite sure how to respond to the oh so original,"are they all yours?" just what are people insinuating when they ask that stupid question??!! bugs me to no end. i almost dedicated an entire post to this question, thanks for covering it. let's hear what other moms say to this question, so that i can respond more positively to the idiots who ask.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home