Amazing Women
I am fortunate to know lots of amazing women. There are 2 amazing women I'd like to post about today.The first is my sister Chrissie. She had her fifth baby this morning at 12:05 a.m. The midwife broke her bulging water at midnight. She went from a 6 to a 10 to pushing him out in 4 minutes. Joseph is here safe and sound.
Chrissie is probably the best laborer I know. I have heard lots of labor stories, and have a few of my own. But she does it the best of anyone. She is calm, she doesn't scream, she visualizes, she is totally in tune with her body. She is so good at labor. And now it's over and it went beautifully. Congratulations Chrissie! I admire this so much because I panic in labor.
While I was on the phone with Chrissie this morning, she told me about the second amazing woman, Theyls. Theyls is the mother of my sister Julie's husband, Sam.
Theyls became a widow in June. She put in her papers to go on a mission as a single senior sister. The call came for her to go to Chile at the end of January. She had served in Argentina when she was younger, so she knows Spanish. The missionary department called her yesterday. "Can you report to the MTC on Monday?" This coming Monday! "Sure!" She will be in Chile before Christmas because she is only spending six days in the MTC. She's amazing! She just is doing it, regardless of Christmas coming or going to another country for 18 months or having a house to sell.
Maybe I can manage making a peanut butter sandwich or two today.

3 Comments:
Kathryn--
I totally think you are up there with them. You would top my list of amazing women. Congrats to your sister! And I'm in awe of Theyls. I couldn't do that.
great post kathryn. inspiring people are wonderful to celebrate and think about often.
Wow! To both stories. Wow!
Post a Comment
<< Home