Monday, December 11, 2006

What do I want for Christmas?

I know it's the season of giving. But let's talk about getting for a minute.

Mark was frustrated. I returned his gifts last year. These gifts were the ones he went out for on Dec. 23. They were thoughtful and kind, but not really what I wanted. One gift was an ice cream scoop. It's true, I love ice cream. We had a scoop that worked though. He tried so hard.

I have always been a "little hard" to shop for. No one else can really buy me clothes. Plus, I don't really need anything since I have no problem buying stuff for myself when I need/want something. Some women have a hard time with this. Doesn't bother me at all!

So when Mark asked me what I wanted, I said new bedding.

But, it's not something he can get for me since I am very specific in what I want. He told some folks in the foyer yesterday, "It's not about surprising, it's about pleasing."

So on Christmas morning, I will set out my new bedding in the living room and I will be happy later that day to put on new sheets and bed skirt and shams.

Meanwhile, if anyone out there in cyberspace knows where I can find a really stylish, but not too feminine quilt or comforter set that has chocolate brown, robin's egg blue and mauve in it, please let me know!

2 Comments:

At 12/11/2006 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I can so relate! And I want bedding for Christmas too - also in chocolate brown and robin's egg blue. I've been having a terrible time finding anything I like that isn't obscenely excpensive. I did however go to a few fabric stores (home decorating fabric stores like Calico Corner) and found many good fabric choices there. I'm thinking of having my duvet cover and shams made - I just can't find anything that I love in the stores. Let me know what you decide on. :)

 
At 12/12/2006 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see what you find. I love those colors together. You deserve it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home