I can now laugh about this
Don't let the bed bugs bite.It's true. They are horrible. Two weeks ago yesterday I started itching. I had many many little bites on the small of my back, up and down both arms, on my neck, all over my hands, on my calves, etc.
I went to the derm. a week ago Friday. Yes, bed bug bites. I must have gotten them either in NC or in Manhattan. My mom says missionaries in NC have had bed bug problems. Luckily, Sammy who spends part of each night nursing in bed with me had no bed bug bites. Mark had none.
I am guessing they are from NC since I spent 4 nights in that bed. And it's about a 9 day period before they show up.
The Dr. said lift up your mattress, if you see things moving, they are in your bed. I washed everything. It seems like we have not transported them home. But this can happen, so be careful. I have had no new bites.
It wouldn't have been so bad had this not been my second outbreak of the year. I had sand flea bug bites from Sandals Cay when Mark and I went to the Bahamas in March.
So, I am a little scabby, and hopefully the bites will all heal. But for now it's all about long sleeves and trying not to pick my scabs. And maybe find an insect repellent that I can slather on every day!

2 Comments:
i don't have any experience with bed bugs, but those sand fleas on the cay are the worst. denise and i had the same experience as you. i'm still wondering why sandals doesn't mention that a little repellant is advisable.
That sounds so miserable. I hope they clear up soon!
Post a Comment
<< Home