A day out with Bitty Baby
Caroline and Grandma had a fun day in the City. We got Caro all gussied up for her trip with Grandma and Bitty Baby to the American Girl Place Cafe. They had a fun dinner.I know there are a lot of strong feelings out there about American Girl. People generally love them or have great disdain for them.
We fall in the "love them" camp. Caro has LOVED her Bitty Baby, which I bought before Josh was born at American Girl Place when Mark and I visited Carma and Greg in Chicago one cold January.
I wanted to have a doll to pass down to by little girl, but I didn't have one from my childhood--they had been passed down to my sister. I did recover my favorite doll, "My Friend Jenny" several years ago. Julie had My Friend Mandy. Oh we spent hours dressing them. Mom made us outfits for them, and we had sleeping bags for them and we loved them.
I am glad Caro still loves her Bitty Baby and we're adding the Bitty Twins this Christmas (yeah, they made them with longer hair and so you could get 2 girls instead of a boy and girl). She's read her Kirsten books from Emily and will most likely get Kirsten for a future birthday or Christmas. Caroline was obsessed with pioneers this summer. We read the little house on the prairie books, went to this is the place in SLC, and acquired a pioneer dress up.
Oh, it's so fun to have a girl!

4 Comments:
I remember when they first came out with the American Girls series and then the dolls. I wanted one so badly, but I was a little too old by then. My sister got Samantha one Christmas and I was very jealous. I think they are great!
Peggy is THE BEST grandma.
i think they are great, who is dissing the american girl dolls? probably the people who let their kids have BRATZ!
Love them too! I can't wait until Savannah is old enough to have one of her own. She loves looking at the catalog (and I do too!). I think there is still a "little girl" in most mommies. :)
She looks so adorable.
Post a Comment
<< Home