Sunday, November 26, 2006

The perfect tree for us



This is our tree.

From a distance, can you tell that it's "pre-lit?" (I prefer pre-lit to artifical).

It's very cool though because with a remote control you have 3 lighting options: you can change the lights from white to colored to white and colored.

This is great since Mark and I were having the big debate about what kind of lights. Every Christmas, I have used our white lights. After 8 Christmases together, he really wanted colored lights. Then, Linens and Things advertised this tree as a full page ad in USA Today on Wednesday. Wow, our Christmas dilema was solved.

We'd be thinking about pre-lit. Several friends and family members have done it. It seemed to avoid some unpleasant holiday moments, such as getting the tree in the car and stringing the lights, as well as the paranoia as to whether or not it's actually drinking water or going to catch fire.

Sure I was a little sad as the kids and I were putting up the ornaments. My first fake tree. But if we don't like it, next year we can go back to a live tree.

So, during the day, when I am home with my little ones, I will have white. Then the big kids and Mark can change to colored when they come home. If we want to go wild, we can have both white and colored lights. Really, everyone's happy. Now I will just have to get some greenery or some home spray or a candle so it can smell like a real Christmas tree.

3 Comments:

At 11/26/2006 9:40 PM, Blogger Tania said...

We went to pre-lit a couple of years ago. The Yankee Candle "Mistletoe" smells a lot like a real tree. Keeps me happy at least, and not having to string the lights, or have the baby eat the dropped pine needles is nice too.

 
At 11/27/2006 5:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very practical solution. I think it's wonderful. I loved the idea of going to cut down a fresh tree until I went one year with the Kelly's. Not so fun when it's freezing outside and you aren't getting one for yourself. And as long as I can remember, I was the designated light stringer. My dad gave up one year and said he wasn't going to do it anymore. I went to it and did a great job because I was such a perfectionist before I had kids. When we get an apartment that's big enough, you can bet I'm buying me one of those pre-lit trees. What a great invention!

 
At 11/27/2006 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a nifty invention -- to be able to change the lights from white to colored! I'm sold on our artificial tree. It's too old to be pre-lit, but the best thing is that my older boys can get it out, set it up and hang all the ornaments for me. I hardly had to do a thing except straighten the branches and hang the lights. Meanwhile, it was a fun activity for them. I like the evergreen-smelling candles, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home