Free stuff
One advantage to Mark's job is that every now and then some free stuff comes our way. Now who doesn't like free stuff? I sure do.I enjoy my new pro-whitening Crest spin brush courtesy of a client. And he brought home an off white long microfiber tablecloth that was used at an event a while back. We've enjoyed Hasbro toys and games along the way.
But yesterday was great. Mark has a contact at Johnson Space Center. They were talking about kids and Mark mentioned Josh's interest in space. Yesterday a great package came: insulated bag, backpack, NASA postcards, NASA flight badge and an astronaut ice cream sandwich.
Thank you JSC! You made a boy's day. What's your most favorite free stuff you've gotten?

5 Comments:
One of David's wholesale lender account reps offered him a posh hotel room in Park City last winter during the film festival. It was the nicest place I've ever stayed in: small, private and luxurious. We didn't want to find a babysitter at the last minute, so we brought the kids with us. David checked in at the lobby, then we sneaked all the kids up the back stairs. The door even had curtains that you could close outside if you didn't want anyone to see or knock at your door. The shower had no shower head on the wall. When I turned on the shower, it came raining down from a big round fixture above the giant tub, like rain. The kids were delighted. We watched a movie, the kids slept on the floor, and David and I enjoyed the giant, fluffy king bed. Best of all, it was free!
Rick often gets free stuff from work too. Rebekah's computer was a good one, and we get a lot of ball game tickets (once he took Rebekah to a Mets game in the owners box.)There are a lot of backpacks and coupons for free papergoods, etc.
My favorite of all was when they donated to the NYC Ballet - Nutcracker project a few years ago. It was Emily's 1st year seeing The Nutcracker & we were invited to see the show (we were in the 3rd row, sitting right behind Al Roker & his family), and to a special reception (dinner & sugar cookie decorating) before the show. During intermission the girls had their picture taken with one of the "Snowflakes" and had brownies & juice and were each given small wooden Nutcrackers. It made even more wonderful for Emily's 1st ballet experince. I hope they do it again!
i love astronaut ice cream!
I like free ice cream day at Ben & Jerry's. But any time I get something free I'm totally happy.
love the free imac we got when our old one was damaged by the repair guy.
also love the cool free stuff i get to try out with bzz agent.
Post a Comment
<< Home