Tuesday, October 31, 2006

If you ignore it, will it go away?

Top 7 Things I am trying to ignore:
1) the kids' overflowing bags of halloween candy
2) the new? (or newly noticed) and very obvious (to me) long wrinkle on my forehead!
3) gray hairs
4) walls that really need to be wiped down
5) blinds that really need to be replaced/cleaned
6) slow drain in bathtub
7) more than several strategically placed piles of clutter

Top 4 things I am ignoring:
1) Matthew, while I am getting kids out the door to school
2) geraniums on the porch (can I winter them?)
3) Anything related to Christmas
4) husband's request to DVR VH-1's 100 Best Songs of the 80s.

What are you ignoring today?

10 Comments:

At 10/31/2006 8:34 PM, Blogger liz said...

my blinds have been on my ignore list, too.

...and my diet/ health/ fitness :(

 
At 11/01/2006 4:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your post made me laugh.

I'm trying to ignore the moth I found yesterday in my "pantry." I know what I'm up for if there are more....

 
At 11/01/2006 12:56 PM, Blogger Allysha said...

my grandmother used to put scotch tape on her wrinkles on her forehead, especially at bedtime, so the skin couldn't wrinkle so much. I loved it.

I am ignoring my dishes. Sigh. it's such a pattern for me.

 
At 11/01/2006 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love to ignore ironing! i have an ignore corner full or projects needing tending...mending, clothes to donate, shelves to hang.

 
At 11/01/2006 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this topic, too. It is really typical of everyone. I'm ignoring the fact that my pants are getting tighter and I need to go on a diet like Kathryn! Keep up the good work!

 
At 11/01/2006 4:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops! I hope that comment didn't seem as bad as when I read it the second time. Is it bad to imply that you need to go on a diet? Actually I was trying to imply that it is good that you are trying to watch your weight (unlike me, right now!)

 
At 11/01/2006 8:03 PM, Blogger Jenni said...

definitely do not ignore the top 100 hits from the 80's!

 
At 11/01/2006 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remembered something else--I'm going to try REALLY, REALLY hard to ignore the half-price Halloween candy at Target!

 
At 11/03/2006 2:06 AM, Blogger Mary Ann said...

The wrinkles are so true! I look in the mirror every day and I see new signs of aging. I think it has all happened in the last month! Suddenly I'm rigorous about my moisturizing, so now I'm wrinkly and shiny! When did I get old?

 
At 11/14/2006 9:22 PM, Blogger Denise said...

I choose a letter and ignore everything starting with that letter for the day -- this makes me an equal opportunity ignorer...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home