Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Haircuts



(This is Matthew eyeing the apple he was determined to climb up the tree to retrieve on Monday.)

Matthew had his first visit to the regular barber yesterday.

Background: Since Josh was 2 or so, I decided that haircuts should be a Daddy and Son outing. Luckily, Daddy agreed, and they have been going happily ever since. Well, they got off schedule earlier this summer, Dad needed a haircut sooner than Josh, so now I have been taking Josh and Matthew at the same time. Josh really didn't want to go again to the Kid's Haircut place. (Josh, I know it's a 20 minute drive, but it's right by a Burger King! And our darling Clara is so gentle with Matthew.) No, he wanted to go to the main street barber shop. So, Matthew got his haircut there as well.

Now I know why Kids haircut places are in business! The barber, although nice, was not your warm fuzzy toddler-friendly barber. He does cut his 2 year old grandson's hair (but in his sleep he said!) Yikes! They did get a lollipop. But, Matthew was so wiggly. Next time Matthew and I will head north to the land of car-chairs, smoke-free air, plentiful videos, cute murals on the wall, and a wonderful Colombian hairstylist, haircuts.

1 Comments:

At 10/11/2006 4:29 PM, Blogger liz said...

that's a hilarious story!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home