Wednesday, September 27, 2006

General Conference suggestions

Written by Mark

It’s nearly General Conference weekend.

Every session, we get to sing a ‘rest hymn’ in between the first and second hour. And they always choose classic hymns, which is great, but I think they’re missing an opportunity to draw in the younger (i.e. Primary-age) generation because of their music choices.

I think any of the following would make great intermediate hymns during Conference this weekend. Please let me know your preferred songs for the congregation to sing and I’ll add it to my petition, which I will route at the end of the week:

(Actions required in all cases)
• Once there was a Snowman
• Head, shoulders, knees and toes
• Popcorn Popping
• I’m all made of hinges
• Book of Mormon stories
• Do as I’m Doing
• “Give,” said the Little Stream. (FYI – that stream has a limited vocabulary)

Any of these would help get the wiggles out of even the sleepiest general authority and would provide a better break than the standard hymns.

3 Comments:

At 9/27/2006 4:17 PM, Blogger Kathryn said...

Ah, General Conference gives us a rest from getting ready for Church (see previous post)!!! Can't wait.

 
At 9/27/2006 4:33 PM, Blogger karen said...

I second that thought, Kath. I have Jack's first picture day (at preschool!) coming up next Monday. I'm looking forward to staying at home. :-)

 
At 9/28/2006 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not a primary song, but I'm throwing in a vote for YMCA.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home