Saturday, September 23, 2006

Physical Therapy

So, some of you know that I have a little foot injury which has now bothered me for over a year and was aggravated by going to the gym. So, I went to a new podiatrist who suggested giving physical therapy a try (since meds are not an option with nursing).

It's actually really nice--which makes it great since it's hard to fit in something else (a regular appointment) in our lives.

I go in the evening for 45 minute sessions. Kate is my therapist. She puts heat on my foot, then massages it, then does an ultrasound and then does some kind of treatment involving ice and electric currents. (Meanwhile I am waiting for insoles and I've got to get some new shoes).

Kate, I know the other one doesn't hurt, but would you mind massaging it too? I guess I will have to get a pedicure for that.

During steps 1 and 4, I am just killing time, so I bring a book or newspaper or if I want they have some great guilty pleasure reading like Us or In Touch magazines.

Steps 2 and 3, Kate and I just chat. Mostly about mom stuff, she's got a 2 year old too. She's very down to earth and easy to talk to.

Then, I have to ice it at home. Perfect excuse to sit down and watch Grey's!

2 Comments:

At 9/23/2006 4:31 PM, Blogger liz said...

excuse me while I go outside and run my foot over with the car.

sorry your foot has been bothering you- sorry for the non-therapy times of the day that is.

;)

 
At 9/25/2006 10:15 AM, Blogger mae said...

I have a previously owned boot cast that can fit the right or the left foot. It also comes with a small air pump for a comfortable fit. Personally, I'd stick with the therapy. It sounds nicer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home