October holidays
I love October. Always have!So Oct. 1 rolls around and I start to get geared up for Halloween. Then by Oct. 31 I am always so burned out of Halloween. This year I decided I am not doing anything for Halloween until at least Oct. 10. I really love Halloween and don't want to get burned out this year.
We celebrated Yom Kippur this week with Monday off of school. It was a nice day. At the end of it, I wrote down 13 favorite moments of that day. One of those moments was Josh saying: "This must be your favorite time of the day. Nursing Sammy to sleep at night and singing him church songs." Yes, you are right. That is a favorite part of the day. I really loved Monday. (It was much better than today.)
Columbus Day is a big day in our town and at our school. It has actually turned into a "two-weekend" holiday celebration. We missed the carnival this weekend because of General Conference and will miss the parade since it's on our "sabbath" (Side note: Rebecca told me that this has been a sensitive way for them to address the awkardness of birthday party invitations on Sunday- "Sorry, we won't be able to make it. It is our sabbath.") I am looking forward to apple picking on Columbus Day. Except I am a little burned out on apples. We will probably just get pumpkins and a couple of apples. We need the pictures though.
In October, we also have the baseball playoffs to look forward to. And we've got a few Yankees fans in our house this year. Go Yankees!
Halloween at home in California was always a magical day. We'd wear our costumes to school for the school parade. Dad would come home early that night. Grandma and Grandpa would come over. Grandpa and Mom would take us trick or treating. Grandma and Dad would stay home and pass out candy. Then the sorting and the eating. It was always warm on Halloween night.
Oct. 3. Only 28 more days until Halloween. But I am not counting.

4 Comments:
I love reading your blog!! You write about things that really matter in this wonderful life of motherhood.
I LOVE October. It makes the summer bearable just knowing that it's on its way. Make sure you get a few donuts, too. The plain were especially good.
I hope this comment section works. I loved your comments about October -- fall is my most wonderful time of the year. I'm so glad you have good memories of that time. And I love Halloween, too. This year will be different, but that's life.
Poor Yankee fans...
Post a Comment
<< Home