Should I keep this?
Target is just so....tempting.I went there for:
lightbulbs for the lamps I bought at Target 2 weeks ago
a new razor (Shick intuition--very nice)--I had been using the one Peggy left behind at our house a month ago...
shampoo for color treated hair (yeah, tonight's the night for highlights!),
I came back with those and other things:
That luxurious throw for the glider. (I would never have made one, even though I wanted too!)
A lap desk for Josh
A new steam powered Thomas for Matthew (we just had to have it) and it was on clearance (hello--clear violation on NY resolution #1!)
A new baby monitor. (this could be a seperate post in itself: baby products that have made it through all four kids)--however, ours was just dying.
And this: Shop and Play by Infantino

Two questions:
1) Should I keep the shop and play? I think it might be helpful for Samuel, who just reached the milestone of sitting in the cart. It could keep him busy. It could fight against germs (see post below). But, I am having issues. I have seen many other moms with these and never thought I was 'the kind of mom' who would use one. Please weigh in with any thoughts you may have on this or similar products...
2) I also have 3 (potentially 4) Target returns: picture frames for our room, shirt for yoga (don't think I'll ever make it to yoga...), and conditioner (found that I still have plenty). Can I make the returns without buying anything new?

9 Comments:
I LOVE Target. I do the SAME thing. Yes, even the fact that you are considering taking it back might be a red flag. I paid an arm and a leg for one of those cart covers and never used it ONCE!! Seemed like a good idea at the time, but it was just too much to juggle when you're already dealing with so much just to bring your kid(s) along to the store in the first place.
my 2 cents for what it is worth...i always thought those things looked like such a hassle to put on, however i have seen many a mom in RI put them on with great aplomb. i always thought they were a bit for the hypersensitive, overly protective, super cautious westchester moms we see, but almost everyone in RI has one(and they are so laid back here), I was beginning to think they were standard issue(but i guess not since i have not received mine yet!)anyways to my point, given the recent out break here and with all of the sickness going on around you, it may be worth it if you think you will really use it. it may keep him occupied while you shop. i can no longer go to any store because my #4 screams bloody murder and fights his way out of the seatbelt. do they make a cart tent like the crib tent? now that would be handy! you can always just wipe down the cart beforehand, if you bring the wipes and remember to do it...sorry i am just so full of comments today...can you tell i am craving adult conversation..i miss our little playgroup/singing time/mom's advice group! i can never go into target without spending over 100$ and coming out with a million little things i hadn't planned on...they really know how to play on my weaknesses!
I'm not much of a germ-phobic (at least I don't think so), but we had one (different brand) for Lizzy and I loved it. Household germs are one thing, but shopping carts where tons of other people have put their hands or other babies have put their mouths are another. Lizzy didn't seem to get random colds nearly as often after I started using it. Plus the one we had was really cushy so I think she was a lot more comfortable sitting in the cart. It was also easy to put on. It's also handy for restaurant high chairs.
Oh, and I forgot to add that I do exactly the same thing at Target. I don't always buy a lot, but I can't seem to spend less than an hour in the store. I'm a sucker for their clearance stuff, especially anything kid-related.
I usually just wipe the whole cart off with antibacterial wipes. But I love the idea of those.
I say you have to decide how often you will really use it.
John Tesh, who everyone knows is the expert on everything, says that shopping cart handles are the most germ laden things on the planet. Will this help you? I don't know. But Daniel keeps me away from Target by suggesting that I consider Target to be the devil.
i didn't notice that it has that nice , cush pillow on the back, so that when the kids arch their backs in a fit of frustration, they don't clonk their head at the same time...nice feature...i may be sold...some genius mother must have invented this!
i always thought i would never buy one cos they look dorky, but if i got one as a gift i would just use it. it's not dorky enough to go thru the hasstle of returning it since it's a healthy habit for a little one.
besides...what's gonna work? TEAMWORK!
My name is Jennifer . . . and I am addicted to Target.
Don't even get me started on my love for "Tar-Jay" - I was there twice this week and both times meant to run in for "just a few things" and ended up with a cartload . . .
I used one of those covers for Savannah and really liked it. I actually found it quicker to install and take out than it would be for me to find my wipes and wipe down the front of the cart. Then again, I only had her at the time - making trips to the store with more than one child may totally change my "is it worth it?" perspective.
Now I'm all worried that I'm one of *those* moms and what exactly that entails . . . ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home