Monday, October 05, 2009

Library time

Well, I read a couple of books this week. I read The Help by Kathryn Stockett which was awesome and wonderful. I really loved this book and had a hard time putting it down. Of course it's all about the south and race relations, topics I am already interested in.

I read The Actor and the Housewife by Shannon Hale. Mostly because I felt like I should read something by her because she's successful and LDS, but I didn't love it. I only kept reading because I wanted to find out what happened. I skimmed a lot of it.

I love my local library. We got a family pass to go to the Natural History Museum from them. Thank you very much, it made for a great Yom Kippur last Monday! Sammy loves his weekly story time there. Seriously, it's the best 1/2 hour. And Ms. Mary plays the accordian. And she told me she loved Matthew's exuberance and hope he always keeps that trait with him. It's so great when other people compliment your kids unexpectedly!

And then somehow I jumped from #32 in the hold line to #1 for the DVD's of No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency. I've watched 4 of the 7 episodes and it's so fun. I loved the books and the show is great too.

My librarian at the other library I go to also extended my due date for our missing DVD, Curious George Leads the Band. So I have a month to look for it. Thanks Stephanie!

I love the library website and visit it often to put stuff on hold for me and the kids.

My mom instilled a great love of the library for us, she's a big fan too.

4 Comments:

At 10/05/2009 7:38 AM, Blogger Mumsy said...

I just watched the last episode over the weekend. I LOVE THAT SHOW. I hope they still keep making more of them. Even though the books are better, the show is better than most of what is on TV.

 
At 10/05/2009 8:56 AM, Blogger becca said...

I love the library too. The hold list is the greatest thing. It's so nice to just pick up the books I want instead of trying to find them with the boys running around. I just read the Actor and the Housewife too. I like her fantasy/fairy tale books better.

 
At 10/08/2009 5:33 PM, Blogger Katherine said...

I love the library too. I LOVE it when I have a good book to read.

 
At 10/11/2009 5:47 PM, Blogger linda said...

I still love the library. I've always got something on hold -- just read the latest my Alexander McCall Smith. And purchased the season 1 of the HBO series. Anxious to start watching them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home