Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Fishhap

So we have 3 fish. Josh's betta is named Delta and his goldfish is named Bubbles. Caroline's betta is Swimmy. Mark wanted the kids to have a pet experience. My role has been limited by choice. Mark cleans the bowls and reminds the kids to feed the fish. It's nice. They remind me to feed the fish when Mark is gone. Wait, I do contribute...I find the fish sitters when we are going out of town. (Thanks Laura and Allysha and Lizzy)

Yesterday we had a fish emergency or fishhap as I like to call it. Matthew and friend had been playing in Josh's room. They were so happy I just went about the house doing my stuff. Josh comes home from school to find all fish food dumped out into both fish bowls. Aargh! I would have to change the water. There is no way sweet teary Josh could wait for Dad to come home to do it. We tried to remain cool--figured they'd survived 2 hours at least before we found them in over-fed state. Josh plucked out the fish with the net and put them in clean water. I threw out the rocks, not wanting to have to rinse them out. Caroline was our cheerleader. Matthew observed. All fish survived and so did I. I had just settled down to nurse when Josh reminded me that we didn't put the drops in the water. I may not be the best caretaker of fish, but we got through it.

4 Comments:

At 12/13/2006 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh. I hated cleaning the fish bowl! We had goldfish and we always waited until it was so disgusting before we did anything about it. I would so much rather clean up after a dog than have fish again. You are totally brave. And I'm glad they all survived.

 
At 12/13/2006 8:06 PM, Blogger Jenni said...

All I have to say is that our tarantula has an egg sac now...

 
At 12/15/2006 4:17 AM, Blogger Mary Ann said...

You and Mark have the same division of fish labor that Rob and I do. But it was very good of you to clean up so quickly. We left our betta with our cousins and they overfed it so much that when we got back it had HIPS!

 
At 12/15/2006 6:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

'so glad my son could teach yours a new trick :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home