Random thoughts for mid-October
Grandma's halloween package came today...a huge hit with the kids. Thank you Peggy! They loved it.Josh has no clue what to be for Halloween this year. We've got 4 days until the first costume event. Help!
Caroline has decided to quit piano after 5 lessons. She is entranced with her flute for band instead. We just couldn't take it (the complaining, whining) any more. In the meanwhile, we will try and work on it at home. Being an 8 year old is just tough, I've decided!
Mark is gone for the week. Things went well today despite this. Only 4 more nights. Watching the Amazing Race on the DVR helped tonight. They love that show!
Sammy's turned into a little fashionista. He's very particular about what he will wear at all times. He constantly wants something new. Luckily there's 2 other boys in the family so "new to him: stuff turns up all the time. He was just beside himself that Matthew got new shoes and he didn't (he just got some in August.)
Matthew is the happiest kindergartener ever. I love hearing about his day at school. 5 year olds are so charming!
I've given away all of Caroline's clothes, from birth until size 7. I did keep a few keepsake items for her, things that were hard to part with that have a special place in my heart. It's been helpful for me to do this...letting go of things for the baby sister that will never be! It has really helped to have a child in mind to give them to...for all the various sizes.
Sam actually took a 2 hour nap today in the early afternoon! It was lovely. After doing some jobs around the house, I treated myself to an episode of Modern Family. It had me laughing. It was weird to watch TV in the middle of the day.
My hamstring is healing fairly well. Still not back to full activity (no spin and step classes--waah!) but repeating my PT routine of weights and cardio (bike, treadmill) at the gym.
We moved Sammy out of the crib and into a big boy bed (this is one that matches Matthew's that we can eventually put into bunk beds). He looks so cute sleeping in it. We bought Caroline a daybed at Ikea and it is wonderful. Mark did a great job of putting it together with Josh while I took the other three to the Children's Museum of Manhattan on Saturday. (Have I mentioned our library's free museum pass program? It's awesome!) I've been to better children's museums. But they had a good time. Lots of babies, and 1-2 year olds. Which means lots of Manhattan parents of babies and 1-2 year olds. You know what I mean. Their high point: making snowmen out of model magic in a craft in a class you signed up for.
Later on Saturday I ventured with Caroline and Sammy to Costco (never again on a Sat. afternoon). She was eager to pick out her new glasses. They will be ready in about a week. She will just need to wear them to read the smartboard at school for now.
15 weeks to go...time to start living it up!

4 Comments:
costume ideas: yankees baseball player!
batman?
vampires are always awesome. and timeless. and the fake teeth are always a hit with the boys at any age.
A wizard could be cool. If he's into magic. ?
ps if you are aone one night folding laundry and want to chat call. mike's gone every night.
kathryn your family sounds happy and fun!
"being an 8 year old is just tough." YES! we feel that in our family. love to hear the updates, are you still watching grey's. i gave up last season and can't decide if it's worth it to get caught up?
Post a Comment
<< Home