Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Working from home

Today Mark worked from home and I think it was the first successful day we have ever had at it. Which is why he RARELY works from home.

He took Josh to and from school, which was a big help. He got Matthew apple juice since we were out.

He stayed with the sleeping baby while I went to the Singing Time Christmas party with Matty and Caroline (who stayed home sick).

He ran errands with us at the end of the day (combining it into a FHE/Looking at Christmas lights experience.)

He also did a bunch of stuff for work.

Why it was successful:

I didn't try to sneak out and leave him with the kids.

I tried to be more hands-on. He's very hands-on. I will go about my business at home during the day and leave them to their own devices at times, but he rarely does that. If he's here, he's here.

I didn't feel like I took advantage of his being at home, which is apt to happen.

I was just more grateful for the help he gave me than worried about getting things done or running here and there.

Thanks Mark for a great day! I will try to be less taking and more giving when you try and work from home in the future.

4 Comments:

At 12/19/2006 6:48 PM, Blogger liz said...

it takes a good amount of patience to strike a balance that works for everyone- nice

 
At 12/19/2006 9:46 PM, Blogger Tania said...

I was wondering where Sam was at singing time ....

 
At 12/23/2006 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoy working from home when I can. It is especially helpful that we have high-speed internet, and that I can access my network. I don't think I've ever been able to put in a full day's work from home, but I have been able to do at least half a day.

 
At 12/23/2006 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only issue with it is work and home life run together more than I'd like.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home