Heart NY
Today was a perfect NY day. Beautiful blue skies. Breeze in the air. Not too warm. Kind of like the day 9 years ago when I was with my 2 year old and new baby and everything shattered with the first plane flew into the first tower.I watched a bit of the memorial today and it was just too sad, I had to turn it off. I know 2 families in our little community who lost their dads. Very very sad.
Anyways, we took advantage of the nice weather and the days off school to go to the Bronx Zoo yesterday. Wonderful. Renewed our membership so we are looking forward to many nice days there.
And then today, I called a gal from the ward who likes museums and we went to Matisse at MoMA which was wonderful. We sat in the sculpture garden for a few minutes afterwards, right as the museum was closing. We noticed people putting white tags on trees. It's Yoko Ono's wishing tree. We each wrote a wish and tied it onto a branch. It was a nice thing to do on 9/11. The City was eerily quiet as we drove in. Drove right through Times Square with no traffic. Quiet at the museum.

1 Comments:
Loved your reflections. I'm afraid I watched too much coverage of the rememberances but it was okay.
Post a Comment
<< Home